Monday, February 3, 2014

Tomorrow...

Surgery is rapidly approaching and I have been a mix of emotions. On one hand I am excited to move on and to be able to have some more definitive answers and timelines once we see how well the surgery goes. On the other hand I am wishing we could delay longer because I don't want my baby to have surgery. It has been so nice to have her without casts these past few days. We got to give her full baths and wear pants! Its the small things sometimes that bring a smile. I got to play with her feet and see her legs!  Isaiah 40:11 says "He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." I got such peace when I read that verse this morning. He carries us close to His heart and leads those that have young. I want to be by His heart and in His arms because alone I am scared and I am tired. It reminded me yet again that I am not alone but that God, the maker of Heaven and Earth, is holding me and comforting me. That reminder leads me to His peace and His strength. Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Because He is good and because He is faithful we will head into surgery tomorrow not afraid and not anxious. He is holding us in His hand! He is strengthening us and helping us! He is the reason we can smile and carry on regardless of what we face. So tomorrow instead of fear there will by praise and instead of anxiety there will be prayer! Our God is good! Psalms 118:24 "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

1 comment:

  1. Amen. He is able. He has got a plan for Addie.

    ReplyDelete