Friday, December 12, 2014

Addie is 1!!!

Today is Addie's 1st birthday. I can not even believe that time has gone so quickly! We have had a year I could not have imagined. God has been so faithful and steady. When I think of all Addie has faced this year I am reminded of all the way we have seen God's hand. Before she was born we were warned about her heart but God touched that. We were also warned that there was most likely a genetic defect, an underlying cause of all her physical issues. When she was born there was no genetic defect! Upon birth her left arm could not move now she is able to lift it over her head when lying down and is beginning to get external rotation! Her middle fingers on her right hand tended to stay pointed into her fist upon birth, now they move freely. Her feet were severely clubbed but now with casting, surgery, and her braces they are looking much better! There was concern she was aspirating but after a swallow test we were able to cross that off the list. God has worked in so many ways in her life and it has been so exciting to watch, but He has also worked in our lives. I am amazed as I go back over all we have dealt with this year and am able to realize how much God has carried us through and been so true to His word. His faithfulness through this past year helps me to hold onto Him in the coming year. I receive a daily devotional and the title of today's was "He still heals." Addie still has many issues to deal with including her dislocated hip, which we follow up with next week in St. Louis, but God still heals. He has made promises and He will be faithful to those because He is faithful! I shared these two verses with Mike shortly after the ultrasound showing us some of the difficulties Addie would be facing. Psalms 89:1-2 " I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you have established your faithfulness in heaven itself." God's faithfulness comes from who He is, it does not change!

No comments:

Post a Comment