Wednesday, November 27, 2013

37 Weeks!

Woohoo 37 weeks! And boy what a week it has been so far! This past weekend we were anointed once again for Addie's healing. It was a good time of prayer and once again we handed it over to God in faith. We decided to go out to eat afterwards and that is when things started getting interesting. As we were preparing to head home I had a sudden fear that my water was leaking, so we head home and I called the doctor. Of course they sent me to the hospital to get checked because if it were to be leaking there is chance of infection the longer it goes and so Addie would have to come then. Well, after the routine tests and an ultrasound they sent me home. Everything looked good and I was to follow up with my doctor at my next regular appointment which was set for Tuesday. I went to the appointment Tuesday for a schedule ultrasound and routine appointment. In the ultrasound we found that Addie is 6 pounds and 3 ounces!!!! She just keeps growing. That is on the smaller size for 37 weeks but saying that both my boys were only 6 pounds and 10 ounces she is doing well! There was some concern from the fluid levels in this ultrasound about still the possible leaking. So once again I headed to the hospital for a different test that is a little more accurate, but they had been unable to perform on Sunday. I had the second test done and also another ultrasound there so the resident doctor could once again check my fluid levels. Everything looked good and I was sent home. I have heard this verse many times in my life, but it has come up even more in the past week. Romans 8:28 " And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." I have had three ultrasounds since we were anointed for healing and she is still breech and her feet are still severely clubbed, but none of that changes the truth of the Bible. I may not see how He is working it all for good, but I can and do trust that He is working it all for good; for my good. The Bible reminds us over and over how much God loves us, but it is the love of a Father. He wants what is best for us and only He knows what that is. As a parent I know there are many times my boys don't like or understand why they don't get what they want when they want it, but I am hoping they will learn to listen and obey because they see the love I have for them. It is not because of a power trip that I don't give in but because there is something better if we do it my way because I can see farther out than they can. It is the same way with God. Actually it is even better because He sees the beginning, the middle, and the end. I don't know why God didn't answer our prayer for healing the first time we prayed, or the second, or third, but I know that He will. James 5:14 "Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." So I may not know His times or His ways, but I know His promises and His character. That is enough for me! We will continue waiting, trusting, and praising Him! Psalms 136:1 "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.His love endures forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment