Tuesday, December 10, 2013

39 Weeks!

I love how faithful God is! There have been moments when I am threatened to doubt or worry and as we close in on the C-Section date fear starts to hit me; but time and time again God calms me down. I can't even tell you how many times I have struggled over the idea of a c-section only to receive a call or text from a blessed friend letting me know that they were praying for me that day. Or to tell me they were praying specifically for Addie to turn. What an encouragement to know that God cares enough about us to put us on the hearts of others, and they care enough not only to pray but to reach out. (Actually while writing this I received a text message and 2 Facebook posts encouraging me and sharing that we had been laid on the hearts of someone specifically today.) I have laughed at myself because I am trusting Him so completely for Addie's healing, but when it comes to the C-section I start shaking in my boots! We have been praying for quite awhile though that God would bring Addie into the world in the right way, the right time, and with the right doctor. I know that God has heard my prayers. 1 Peter 3:12a says "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer." He has heard and just yesterday He breathed on this other verse for me. "Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished" Luke 1:45. Nothing is impossible for God, even with Addie we have seen Him answer our prayers already. The fact that I am still pregnant is an answer in and of itself especially given that she was over 6 pounds 2 weeks ago! So now we wait for Thursday. The C-section is scheduled for 8:00 Thursday morning. We wait and we pray and we believe that God is who He says He is and that He will do what He has promised! 

No comments:

Post a Comment