Thursday, September 19, 2013

Feet, Feet, Feet

I have been heavily burdened for Addie's feet today. So much so I can't sleep. I just feel the need to pray specifically for the healing of her clubbed feet so I am asking you all to join me. God has already worked in Addie's life, but I can't get over the feeling that He wants to do more and so I want to do my part to be faithful to Him and to be ever listening to His still small voice. How sad would I be if I missed a chance to witness another miracle in her life because I was too busy to hear Him leading me on what to pray. One of my favorite stories growing up was in Acts 3. It tells the story of a man crippled from birth who day after day came to the gates of the temple looking for handouts. Well, one day he got more than just a handout he got a hand-up. He begged Peter and John for change and they said to him "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.” Acts 3:6. The man got up and walked into the temple jumping and praising as he had never been able to do before. I have always loved that story, but today as I have been so burdened for Addie's feet I am reminded of the fact that the men here who claimed this power were the same as us. They were lost people who had made sinned in life, but continually turned back to Jesus a repentant heart and as they turned back to Him; they began to see more and more of His glory and power. Peter and John also were given more and more understanding. It didn't make their lives all rosy, but they walked with a purpose and the walked intentionally toward Heaven doing everything they could to pull others along with them. I want to stand in the confidence that they had when they told that man to stand. It didn't matter how long he had been crippled or why. They knew the God that they served and not only His love but His power. How much of God must we miss when we only look at one part of the picture of who He is. His greatness is more than we can fathom yet the deeper we dig into His truths, the more we see. He promises us that as we search for wisdom He will bestow it. This man had a healing because of the faith of Peter and John, That is what I am praying for Addie. I don't want to be content with a partial healing, if God wants to do the whole. Who am I to limit Him? Psalms 138 is a Psalms of praise and it ends with verse 8 claiming "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord endures forever, do not abandon the works of your hands" The man at the gate was the works of His hands and Addie is also the works of His hands. We have already seen His special healing touch on her arms and heart, but we continue to come with praise for what He has done and faith for what He will continue to do. Our God is a God who is every deserving of praise. He is also a God who does what He promises to do. So we hold to that. We hold to the promise of James 5:15 "the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well." And we follow the instructions found in Matthew 7:7-8 “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." We are continuing in prayer for this healing and right now especially for her feet not because of lack of faith; but because that is what we are instructed to do. Holding on to the faith when the answer don't come the way we want or as soon as we want is the hardest part sometimes but the power comes when we learn to hold on to the truth that God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow regardless of it. As we are learning more and more how to live off these truths we are seeing more and more answers to the prayers prayed in faith. So I leave you, hopefully to sleep now, with these verses of praise. Psalm 147:1 "Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise Him!" No one else could deserve our praise regardless and when we choose to praise through the storms of life, and we all have storms, we get to see the light as we pass through. Isaiah 43:1b-3a Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely joining you in this specific area of prayer for your Addie. Kelly and Jeff McCammon

    ReplyDelete